I contacted my hosting provider to help determine why the site was available for some and not others. I found a php error and opened a support ticket. After a few email exchanges the technical support desk was able to determine there was an attack on the server.
My provider is hostgator. I must say I have had a couple of problems but I can’t say it was anything within the control of the host. I must also say their support seems to be top notch. Just short of my own technical support desk
**Update: The saga continues. I still can’t load the site from work and my sister can not from her office either. The site is periodically slow as well, especially if I am interacting with the database. I think this is a routing issue. Let’s see if we can get this fixed before I move hosting.